In The Spiritual Child, psychologist Lisa Miller presents the next big idea in psychology: the science and the power of spirituality. She explains the clear, scientific link between spirituality and health and shows that children who have a positive, active relationship to spirituality:
* are 40% less likely to use and abuse substances
* are 60% less likely to be depressed as teenagers
* are 80% less likely to have dangerous or unprotected sex
* have significantly more positive markers for thriving including an increased sense of meaning and purpose, and high levels of academic success.
Combining cutting-edge research with broad anecdotal evidence from her work as a clinical psychologist to illustrate just how invaluable spirituality is to a child's mental and physical health, Miller translates these findings into practical advice for parents, giving them concrete ways to develop and encourage their children's--as well as their own--well-being. In this provocative, conversation-starting book, Dr. Miller presents us with a pioneering new way to think about parenting our modern youth.
- The Spiritual Child: The New Science on Parenting for Health and Lifelong Thriving
The Spiritual Child: The New Science on Parenting for Health and Lifelong ThrivingHot
2348 0 1 0
G Guest Updated August 22, 2022
The Spiritual Child: The New Science on Parenting for Health and Lifelong Thriving
May 05, 2015
There are no user reviews for this listing.
Already have an account? Log in now or Create an account